Sr. Dormant Specialist
The goal of the Dormant Solutions Group is to limit the number of outstanding checks and dormant funds for the operations assigned to it. This position primarily reviews outstanding reports for uncashed checks and undisbursed funds greater than 180 days, locates payees, and reissues checks. This would include revising the final Closing Disclosure/HUD-1 when warranted. Also prepares due diligence documents in accordance with the state escheatment requirements for the Accounting Department.
- Demonstrates the highest standard of quality, objectivity and professionalism
- Possesses strong knowledge of closing processes and statutory compliance as determined by each state
- Understands proper RESPA procedures for HUD-1/Closing Disclosure settlement statements and escrow funds.
- Able to effectively correspond and work with others, including the Direct Operations, title and escrow officers, compliance officers, escrow administration, etc.
- Ability to confidently communicate and recommend best practices and company policy improvements
- Ability to work independently and assess priorities for projects assigned by supervisor while being able to multi-task projects, files and documentation
- Ability to analyze information with attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrates teamwork by responsively cooperating with the other engagement team members, sharing information and ideas, accepting constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Five year minimum closing office or title/escrow experience
- Commercial experience preferred
- Accounting degree from an accredited university and/or experience with escrow accounting a plus
- Competency with computing systems or ability to learn many operating systems and proprietary computer programs, including a working knowledge of MS Office Suite