IT Applications Trainee
To be oriented and trained in the software development lifecycle. Working under close supervision performs the following duties assists in the development/modification of simple software programs; assists in the development and submission of requirements to programmers; and participates in review sessions with IT colleagues
- Develops an understanding of the IT processes and procedures, including the software development life cycle.
- Develops skills and knowledge in required development language to perform assigned tasks.
- Under close supervision, assists in the performance of the following duties: Data and system analysis, including loading and balancing creation of derived fields and formatting, process flows and data diagrams.
- Requirement development process and unit testing of simple code units.
- Development and testing of software using Informatica, PL/SQL, Progress, Microsoft.net or other programming languages as specified. Investigation of issues and development of resolution in a timely manner with a technical leader.
- Follows per-established departmental standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development; adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
- No experience required.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Major in information systems or computer science preferred.
- Education in interpreting user requirements, business applications design and development of business applications strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Analytical capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tenacity and patience
- Understanding of business processes and constraints
- Ability to work in a team environment