Disability Claims Assistant
Location : Worthington, OH
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
To provide support to the claims staff and to perform other office tasks depending on the client program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up and enters new claims into claims management system.
- Inputs and reviews notes/diaries in claims management system as instructed.
- Processes payments.
- Processes mail; handles filing, faxing and photocopying. Reviews, prepares, creates, and/or sends letters, reports, and forms.
- Answers and initiates telephone calls, sets up medical appointments, and may provide customer service as required.
- Other activities/projects as assigned including the preparation and distribution of computer reports.
Required Qualifications :
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational skills Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance
- Six (6) months of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- High school diploma or GED required