Location : Brea, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- The Collections & Recovery Specialist works in the Collections and Recovery Operations environment and will handle routine outbound or inbound calls at any stage of delinquency, up to and including Pre-Charge off and the Recovery area.
- Primary responsibilities are collections, customer servicing, submitting extension requests and other loss mitigation and recovery activities.
- Contacts delinquent or high-risk customers in order to secure payment and determine reason for delinquency on active or inactive loan, deposit and/or credit card accounts. In the recovery area, collectors will work with customer to establish full balance repayment plans or settlements.
- Works an established assigned list of accounts on an automated collections system and/or auto-dialer.
- This person solves more complex billing problems and inquiries.
- Has greater depth of understanding of collections and recovery organization, policies, procedures and systems, and negotiates more complex payment programs or arrangements with minimal guidance while staying within our compliance guidelines within Collections.
- The person must display team leadership, be an individual goal achiever but also understand, contribute to and be an advocate of the overall team goal, be adaptable to change, lead peers by example, be dependable, etc.
- Responsibility for the mitigation of losses. Generally more than one year of collections experience.
Required Qualifications :
- Must have previous collections, customer service or contact center experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Ability to understand and discuss personal and financial difficulties
- Ability to recommend and negotiate payment arrangements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills