To analyze mid-and higher-level workers compensation claims to determine benefits due; to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within company standards and industry best practices; and to identify subrogation of claims and negotiate settlements.
- Manages workers compensation claims determining compensability and benefits due on long term indemnity claims, monitors reserve accuracy, and files necessary documentation with state agency.
- Develops and manages workers compensation claims' action plans to resolution, coordinates return-to-work efforts, and approves claim payments.
- Approves and processes assigned claims, determines benefits due, and manages action plan pursuant to the claim or client contract.
- Manages subrogation of claims and negotiates settlements.
- Communicates claim action with claimant and client.
- Ensures claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
- May process complex lifetime medical and/or defined period medical claims which include state and physician filings and decisions on appropriate treatments recommended by utilization review.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
- Four (4) years of claims management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Working knowledge of regulations, offsets and deductions, disability duration, medical management practices and Social Security and Medicare application procedure as applicable to line of business
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Public entity experience preferred
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Service Expectations