Primarily responsible for the complete handling, including establishing of coverage, liability, and damages, to enable equitable resolutions of all claims assignments. Undertake responsibility for complex and/or high exposure claim assignments in all lines.
Essential job functions include:
- Responsible for investigation, analysis, and evaluation of all claim assignments to include the issues of coverage, liability, and damages.
- Negotiates equitable settlements and produce successful resolutions in accordance with company policies and department guidelines.
- Exercise independent judgment and employs sound decision making in undertaking the above responsibilities.
- Comply with all aspects of the Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations.
- Properly document all claim files with dated progress notes and reports to record results of investigation and handling, stating reasons for decisions and evaluations in accordance with guidelines.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reserves on all claims that reflect company policies and guidelines.
- Attend settlement conferences, other meetings, and hearings as required.
- Assist in reaching the company and department objectives by reducing pending files and successfully concluding all claim assignments, maintains 100% closing ratio.
- Undertake responsibility for re‐insurance reporting.
- Analyze and evaluate converge issues and prepare a communication for coverage positions.
- Analyze and evaluate complex claim issues and high exposure claims with plans for implementing resolutions and conducting the activity to reach a resolution
- Conduct study and research in related claims areas as may be requested by Claims Management.
- 10 years of claims experience
- Litigation management
- Coverage analysis
- Experience with Commercial transportation, excess liability, and complex litigation
- Construction defect experience preferred
- Ability to do overnight travel for mediations